The categories of information we collect can include:
(A) Information We Collect From You Directly.
- Registration and Profile Information. You may be able to browse our Sites and Services without providing personal information, but some Sites and Services may require you to register in order to access most of the features of that Site or Service. When you register for our Services, we may collect personal information, such as your email address, user name and password, name, gender, zip code, language preference and location. We may collect billing information if you sign up for premium services. If you take part in any interactive features of the Services (such as any contests, games, promotions, quizzes, surveys, research, comments, user generated content, or other services or features), we may collect additional types of personal information. We collect this information online on our Sites and Services, mobile apps, and on our browser-based mobile service and your actions across the websites and mobile apps may be linked.
- Social Media login. When you interact with our Sites and Services through various social media, such as when you Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter or share through another social media site, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our websites or Services.
- Data collected through the use of the Services. After you set up your account, you may also be able to provide additional information which may be shared through public profiles, such as your user name, pictures and/or videos, interests, hobbies, lifestyles, groups or communities with whom you associate (schools, companies, politics, organizations), bulletins or personal statements (collectively, “Profile Information”). You control how much personally identifying information you wish to provide in your public profile.
- Geolocation. We collect location data when you view our site or use our Service. When you visit our website, we determine location based on your IP address or on your social media location information. When you use our mobile app or browser-based mobile service or website, we collect your unique user identifier and your location through GPS, WiFi, or wireless network triangulation, or through an approximation of your location based on your IP address in order to obtain your location for the purposes of providing our Service, such as to personalize advertising and content.
- Messages and User Content. We collect information when you send us a message or comment or interact with our content, such as by commenting, Liking or Following, or participating in user forums, chat rooms, or other interactive features.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you newsletters, email messages and push notifications. You can control your receipt of email by visiting “Account Settings” page on our website. We may also send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt-out of Service-related e-mails. For more information about your communication preferences, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below.
(B) Information About How You Use the Services.
We may collect information about your participation and actions on the Services. This may include information such as the web pages you view, how you use and engage with our Services, and how you connect, communicate and share information with other users of our Services.
(C) Information Automatically Collected.
We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our websites or use our Service. When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we or our advertising partners may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service.
When you access our Services by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device (“Device ID”), mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Service, and to personalize advertising and content.
We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including behaviorally targeted advertising and geographically targeted advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service. We may associate information we automatically collect with your other information.
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” section below.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Other companies and branded content providers owned by or under common ownership as MobSoc Media, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns, as well as our various branded sites and Services. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- Third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, content or service fulfillment or providing analytics services;
- Our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example, when running a co-sponsored contest or promotion;
- Third parties who we think may offer you products or services you may enjoy;
- Third parties at your request. For example, you may have the option to share your activities on our Services with your friends through social media;
- Other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
Marketing Communications. You can control your communication preferences by visiting “Account Settings” section of our website. You can also click the “unsubscribe” button on promotional email communications. Note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, changes or updates to features of the Service, or technical and security notices.
Online Advertising. We may share certain information with online advertising networks, and may allow advertising networks to collect information about you when you visit our site, so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Services as well as on other websites or apps. Typically, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. If you would like to learn more about interest-based advertising and see what choices you may have about how companies use your information, please go to http://aboutads.info/choices/. Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings. Even if you disable cookies, you may still receive targeted advertisements based on your location.
Location Information. Our Service automatically collects location information from your browser or mobile device and uses your location to send you targeted advertisements. You can prohibit this collection of location data by adjusting your settings on your browser or mobile device.
When you communicate with other users of the Service through our websites, mobile apps or social media, or utilize any interactive features on the Service, such as messaging, forums or chat rooms, such communications and postings are transmitted through our servers, and we may, but are not obligated to, monitor all such communications and postings to the degree that laws and regulations enable us to do this. You acknowledge that you have no expectation of privacy with respect to any such communications or postings, and you expressly consent to such monitoring. We may, in our sole discretion, delete or remove any user content on our websites, mobile apps, or social media pages.
The Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites of our partner networks, advertisers, sponsors of native content, partner merchants, retailers and affiliates. Additionally, our emails may contain links to third party advertising as well. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
MobSoc Media cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which MobSoc Media or its subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S. or any other country in which MobSoc Media or its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
The Services are not directed to persons under 13 and we do not intentionally collect or maintain information from persons under 13. If you become aware that personal information about a person under 13 has been provided to us, please immediately contact us using the details below.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Revision” date below and will post the updated Policy on this page.
In the United States:
Attn: California Privacy Rights
MobSoc Media LLC
855 Folsom St, #523
San Francisco, CA 94107
Alternatively, you may send us an email at email@example.com with the words “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line.
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
In the United States:
MobSoc Media LLC
855 Folsom St, #523
San Francisco, CA 94107
This Policy was last revised on, and effective as of October 25, 2013.